It Is Perfectly Legal to Have This Much Fun

Writer/semi-neurotic/retired hipster who loves memoirs, really dark humor, girls with guitars, and beer.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Jake v. Lloyd

Jake Ryan or Lloyd Dobler? That IS the question!

The 11-year-old innocent girl in me still wants Jake, but the 18-year-old punk rock depressive wants Lloyd. Now these two facets of my personality have merged, and the question is: Jake or Lloyd?

Let's do the math: Jake was clearly better looking, but Lloyd had that endearing little pointy face. Jake was clearly better looking, but Lloyd liked The Clash. Jake was clearly better looking, but Lloyd was hilarious. Jake was clearly better looking, but Lloyd clutched the boombox. Jake was clearly better looking, but Lloyd didn't want to go out with Diane Court only because she filled out some sex survey in independent study where she put down exactly who she would do it with and then that's why he went out with her!!! I mean, come on...am I the only one who found that totally gross?

Truth be told, it really is no contest. I don't even know why I posed the question. It's Lloyd Lloyd Lloyd.

You know, Kevin is pretty Lloyd-like. I got my Lloyd Dobler except with a truck and not a Chevy Malibu. I married a Lloyd Dobler. Thank you, God.

Here's the other thing I never understood about "Sixteen Candles." How did Samantha and Jake kiss over the cake, and she didn't catch on fire? What is up with that?

Next post: Ducky v. Blane...as if there is even a debate?!?!?! Oh yeah, and I'm now as old as the Annie Potts character in that movie which is totally and completely blowing my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home