It Is Perfectly Legal to Have This Much Fun

Writer/semi-neurotic/retired hipster who loves memoirs, really dark humor, girls with guitars, and beer.

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Kevin is Marrying a Fraud

I just realized that the dude who played "Buster Poindexter" and sang that annoying-as-hell 80s tune "Feelin' Hot Hot Hot!" was also the lead singer of the New York Dolls...didn't know it before, but I know it now.

How do I know this? I just watched about four hours of "I Love the 80s 3-D" on VH-1.

When Kevin is not home, I become a 16-year-old boy. Beer, pizza, and jerkin' off. That's what I do when he's not here. But more than anything...I watch the television that he denies me...moronic, pointless clip shows on E! (The 101 Most SHOCKING Runway Moments, E! True Hollywood Story: The Curse of the Exorcist, etc.), moronic, pointless clip shows on VH1 (Best Week Ever, Surreal Life), and episode upon episode of Law and Order.

WHY DO YOU DENY ME THESE THINGS KEVIN? AM I NOT A HUMAN BEING?

When he's here, I'm all about reading The New Yorker, watching PBS, and crap like that. I've just realized our marriage is totally going to be based on lies. I am a mirage. I am a phony. If I had to choose between The New Yorker and a marathon of America's Next Top Model I would choose America's Next Top Model. In a heartbeat.

Feelin' hot hot hot...

1 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger Kyle said...

GET OUT! I watched that same "I Love The 80s, 3D" and saw that part about Buster and was thinking the exact same thing! I swear, I think we share a brain sometimes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home