It Is Perfectly Legal to Have This Much Fun

Writer/semi-neurotic/retired hipster who loves memoirs, really dark humor, girls with guitars, and beer.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

At The University Library...

Currently, I'm at the library of a local university...I'm in teacher training this week and have barely a moment to myself. I've been checking my E-mail here, which is odd. I am used to checking my E-mail at home in my underpants. As you may have guessed, I can't do that at the university library.

Things I Have Observed At the University Library:

A girl sitting next to me tooted and pretended she didn't. (I would have too.)

People don't turn off their cell phones EVEN THOUGH IT'S A FUCKING LIBRARY.

Some people just walk around, but I don't think they're looking at any books.

Some people sleep in the chairs.

People whisper to each other but they won't turn off their cell phones EVEN THOUGH IT'S A FUCKING LIBRARY.

****A little girl left a paper she wrote at the terminal next to mine. It is entitled The Awful Truth.

It reads:

This is the awful truth.
Once upon a time thewhere two cool kids named george and harold. They had a mean old principle named Mr. Krupp. One day Mr. Krupp punished george and harold. so they got a hypno ring and hypnotized him. They made him think he was a super hero. so george stole some super power juice from a UFO. The principle ate it. It gave him super powers. THE END.

I don't know what a hypno ring is, but I think I am aiming to get one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home