It Is Perfectly Legal to Have This Much Fun

Writer/semi-neurotic/retired hipster who loves memoirs, really dark humor, girls with guitars, and beer.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The Joy of Taco Cabana

How is it physically possible that I have existed in this city for over five years and until Wednesday of this week I HAD NEVER BEEN TO A TACO CABANA?

I was under the impression that the T.C. (my loving lil' nickname for this establishment) was just a greasy, gross, Taco Bell wannabe. Let me say this: Taco Bell is rhymes with Hell for a reason. Their food is crap. Crap rolled up in a little tortilla. I've eaten Taco Bell once in my life because my sister insisted, and when I picked it up from the drive through, (note I do not say drive-thru; I'm an English teacher, damn it) the "employee" at the window literally rubbed her arm/hand against her nose and then handed me my food.

Taco Cabana is a different story. T.C. is fresh, not too greasy, affordable, has a veggie option BESIDES bean burritto, has friendly people at the window, takes credit cards, is open all the time, and is close to my work establishment.

Thank you T.C. I am only sorry I will die someday and will not have taken full advantage of my T.C. time.

Thank you also to my co-worker who turned me on to the stuff.

3 Comments:

At 4:27 AM, Blogger Powergirl said...

I heard that their beans were not veggie. I think this info. came from Tony.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Powergirl said...

Apparently, the black beans are vegetarian!

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Kyle said...

I am so sorry, If I had known I would have said something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home